This content has been sent everyone that has expressed an interest, joined the Forum or is a paid-up Touring Cyclist Club member. Full notes have been sent to all paid-up members
The inaugural meeting on Saturday 19 November 2016 covered a wide range of topics and enabled us to prioritise actions and development of the club.
The key outcomes are:
• To make the Website, and its Forum, the hub of the TCC community
• To divide both the Website content and Forum into public (free access) and member only (premium content) areas
• For TCC to focus upon providing quality information about Routes & Technical Information in the form of an indexed and searchable resource library; and maintaining links to appropriate providers of goods and services relevant to cycle touring.
• For TCC to offer its members a low cost personal Third Party Liability Insurance product as an optional add-on to basic club membership.
• For TCC to provide its members a mechanism whereby tour ideas can be put forward and touring companions sought.
• For TCC to provide its members with the capability to organise informal local rides.
• Develop a network of local TCC Champions, (broadly) one per UK standard region , who will promote TCC and its activities locally.
In order to fund the modest costs that the club expects to incur a membership rate of £7.00 for new members will apply from 1 January 2017.
New members joining before 31 Dec 2016, will be able to secure Founder Membership until 31 Dec 2017, at £4.00 and existing Founder members’ renewal date will be 31 December 2017
As always we welcome YOUR comments and ideas!
Thanks again for your support and enthusiasm for the Touring Cyclist Club.
Rob & Dennis